CIBC provides tailored commercial, wealth management, personal, and small business financial solutions in the United States through 46 offices in 18 states, as well as cross-border banking services to clients with North American operations. Learn more at cibc.com/US.
CIBC is a Toronto-based, global financial institution with a 150 year history, serving 11 million personal and business clients. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Bank USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
The primary function of this role is to coordinate the various data stewards of the Bank in the implementation and ongoing management of the corporate data governance program. Responsibilities include working with CDM leadership to define and track program milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan; ensuring an accurate and complete build out of a newly acquired data governance tool; and driving the execution of the strategy through the implementation of data quality rules and the effective execution of data quality review tasks.
• Understand and execute data governance routines and tasks as assigned by Data Management leadership team
• Apply and enforce data standards and guidelines as established within the data governance framework to drive consistency in data definitions, sources, data usage and quality
• Ensure the integrity of master data across multiple domains including daily record review of newly entered CDE, management and review of hierarchy relationships, processing modification requests, etc.
• Manage the day to day operations and progress of data governance projects, which include extracting data, profiling data, and providing meaningful analysis and recommendations based on the data to drive continuous improvement in enterprise data quality
• Facilitate and promote the usage and adoption of the data governance tools, processes and procedures among all business users via formal training, continual coaching and consulting
• Drive the development and monitoring of dashboards and scorecards across DG activities
• Develop metrics to track and report progress and trends on data quality and project health.
• Coordinate the timely resolution of data exceptions with partners as needed.
• Participate and/or lead long-term data quality initiatives with the goal of continually improving master data quality
• Actively participate in strategic and tactical initiatives in order to ensure that a data stewardship mindset is incorporated into projects
• Develop and maintain data stewardship procedures and documentation.
• Provide support to business applications including data profiling, testing, training, process and/or system design
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with business partners to drive continuous improvements in master data quality.
This role requires an energetic, hands-on individual who understands and embraces well defined processes, policies, procedures, standards, and metrics.
Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise
• Experience managing a Data Governance Program
• Experience in data dictionary and metadata management using automated tools
• Experience with MDM systems (ex. Informatica, Talend) in data stewardship roles
• Work experience leading a team of data stewards
• Data modeling experience
• Experience in developing SQL scripts
• Strong data analysis skills
• Ability to design and develop data quality and MDM reports
• Knowledge of data quality tools to automate data quality processes
• Demonstrate initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Be skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Excellent communication skills – both verbally and written – and be able to relate to all level of employees
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Detail oriented
Software Powered by iCIMS